Mental Health Practice as a Business

Do you need a corporation or a limited liability Company? How do you decide? How can you get the best of any company that you organize?

There are advantages to having a formal business entity – a corporation or a professional limited liability company. But, how can you create a corporate structure that works for you without costing more than it is worth? It is not enough to “have” a corporate entity if you don’t use it. And, more important many practices will not get much benefit from the cost of creating a corporate entity.

Do you know the difference between a Corporation (a P.C.) and a Professional Limited Liability Company (a P.L.L.C.)?

Why would one be better for you than the other?

Are there other means to achieve the same benefits at less cost?

Dr. Michael Flynn has helped many mental health professionals form business entities. He understands the different options available, their advantages and disadvantages, and how to use business entities to your best advantage.

Spend some time with Dr. Flynn discussing your interests, your mission, and your needs, then

Let him help you –

  • Decide what kind of business structure will best serve your mission;
  • Organize and register your new business entity properly with the state;
  • Prepare the documents you need to get the most benefit from your company:
    • Operating agreements
    • Independent Contractor Contracts
    • Lease/Sublease Agreements

Do you have all the forms you need to operate and to stay compliant with your Board’s rules and HIPAA?

Dr. Flynn has many of the office documents that you will need to operate your practice. The forms are in understandable, plain English, address the issues most important to clinical and forensic practice, and are adaptable to the specific needs and concerns of your practice. The forms are written to include information and specific language so they are informative, enforceable, and thorough.

  • Informed Consent form for adults
  • Informed Consent form for children
  • Informed Consent for psychological testing
  • HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
  • Authorization to release Protected Health information
  • Consent to charge a client’s credit card
  • Treatment Plan form
  • Business Associates Agreement
  • Due Diligence Agreement (for clerical and administrative employees)